Since 1974, attorneys and court personnel have turned to Legislative Intent Service, Inc. [?LIS?] whenever they need Getting clarity and finding interpretations of state and federal statutes and regulations is a necessity in the process of researching many cases. Court personnel and attorneys alike are often tasked with locating legislative history documentation that will allow them to understand existing law, as well as the circumstances and the cause leading to a law’s amendment or enactment.
Whether you are doing a search for legislative history Nevada, or legislative history Texas, it is important that you have a source that is both reliable and wide spread. Finding one source that can provide you with the documentation that you need can make the challenge of gathering the necessary legal information more efficient. Legislative intent services provide law students, interns, and lawyers with the necessary code sections included in any number of legislative history research tasks.
Although it may seem like a judge is only considering the evidence that is being provided in a current case, the reality is that much of what goes on in a courtroom is the presentation of past information about previous legal decisions, whether those fall under legislative history Nevada searches or statuatory history from several states, finding the right resource can save significant time.
Consider some of these statistics about the legal work that many court personnel and attorneys are involved with:
- 1,268,011 U.S. men and women practiced as licensed lawyers in the year 2012.
- 27 constitutional amendments have been made to date.
- The U.S. constitution was created more than 200 years ago.
- A proposed amendment must be ratified by three-fourths of the states after it makes it through Congress.
- 70% of U.S. lawyers are male and 30% are female, according to a 2005 American Bar Association (ABA) study.
- The same 2005 ABA study found that 28%, which is the majority, of U.S. lawyers are 45 to 54 years of age.
State statutes and federal regulations play a big behind the scene role in many court cases across the country. Having a reliable and vast resource for finding those previous statutes and regulations saves time and energy.