Finding a divorce lawyer is not something that many of us want to do, but if your marriage has reached a point where you can no longer stay in it finding the legal advice you need is important. Fortunately, family law attorneys offer a number of services that can help people get themselves to a better situation. Whether you are looking to end a marriage or seek full custody of your children, it is often important to make sure that you get the legal help that you need as soon as possible. Few of these situations get better if you delay the inevitable so making the decision to find a divorce lawyer is something you should do today.
The Decision to Find a Divorce Lawyer Can Help You Move Through Your Latest Transition
Whether you need to find mediation services to help find the solution to a difficult custody hearing or you are looking for family law providers to help you explore all of the options that are available. Unfortunately, divorce is a common event in our world. For people who enter second and third marriages the chance of success is even smaller. For this reason, hiring a divorce lawyer can be fairly common. Consider some of these facts and figures about the role that divorce plays in our society and the many other times when people might find themselves in need of family court remediation services:
- Fortunately, the decision was made without any third party involvement in 29% of custody cases. In the remaining 70% of cases, however, mediation is typically needed.
- Couples who dated for at least three years before their engagement were 39% less likely to get divorced than couples who dated less than a year before getting their engagement.
- Only 22% of fathers see their children more than once a week when fathers and children live separately.
- In only 5% of custody cases, the issue was resolved after a custody evaluation.
- Couples therapists report 50% of their caseload is in therapy due to infidelity, according to the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
- Infidelity was the leading cause of divorce as 21.6% of respondents indicated that it was ended their marriage, according to a study published in the Journal of Family Issues.
Finding a divorce lawyer is never an easy task, but it is a task that is more effective when it is initiated sooner rather than later.